Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Scott Hinkson Gives You Simpleton


Scott Hinkson's third album, One Beside Two, will be officially launched at the release party September 24 at the Park Theatre. If you want it sooner, try his website, itunes, or Planet of Sound. You can also download the first single Simpleton free from his website. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to describe his music, and I'm falling short (I tried 4 1/2 years ago here), because there are no easy tags here. It's modern rock that eschews overt influences, and maybe it is what you might expect from a guy who is as comfortable covering duos such as Simon & Garfunkel or Hall & Oates as he is interpreting Tool or Kyuss. Listen, tell me what you think and post a comment below.

Scott Hinkson -Simpleton by scruffy the yak

No comments: