Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dio! Holy Diver, Ride the Tiger?!



LOOK OUT! I was at a Jets game the other day and heard Dio's Holy Diver. I heard Ronnie James Dio singing what sounded like:

Ride the tiger
You can see his stripes but you know he's clean
Oh don't you see what I mean

I think those may be the most amazing and perplexing lyrics ever created by man. No, I don't think I can see what you mean, Mr. Dio. Can anyone explain those gems? Also, Wikipedia tells me that "Following the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, the song was placed on the list of post-9/11 inappropriate titles distributed by Clear Channel". Huh? Why? Is it because when Dio shrieks "Look out!" you can tell he really means it?







How about Pat Boone doing Holy Diver with Dio on back-up vocals?



There are some, er, interesting covers of Holy Diver out there, like this one or those below. LOOK OUT!





Hey, leave a comment below, it tastes great AND is less filling.

No comments: