Sunday, July 15, 2012

Robyn Hitchcock - The Hat Trick Complete, R.E.M. Covering RH and more Odds and Ends


Since I've been posting artists covering Robyn Hitchcock songs, I thought I'd wrap up the hat trick by posting about the man, even though there's not much really especially noteworthy and new happening. However, I never really posted anything about his Chronology release, which is a fine place to get into the man's genius if you haven't been sucked in by any of my previous posts. Check out the tracks here.
 


Did you ever see this photocollage by Sir Peter Blake commemorating his 80th birthday? It's a tribute to his own iconic work of art, the Sgt. Pepper's cover. Go here to click over an enlarged version that will give you the names of everyone involved, unless you want to try to figure it out on your own first. Robyn and his non-relative Alfred are both there.

I did happen to stumble upon a fine little tumblr with the cheeky title that goes something like F*** Yeah Robyn Hitchcock. Some good RH bits, check it out here. Robyn has his own tumblr as well, which mostly features photos that reflect his unique worldview. Don't confuse that one with fan tumblr's like this one or that one or this other one, which are alright, yeah? Here are some songs. Before I die I will probably post every song he's done two or three times, so if I have posted these before, too bad.                                                                                                                                                                                   




Here's one more Robyn cover, R.E.M did a pretty good good job of making it their own while still sounding like the original.




To finish, here's a batshit cover of So You Think you're in Love. Wow...


No comments: