Sunday, March 16, 2014

They Might Be Giants - I Am Awake Free MP3, Video Contest



I've been reading the 33 1/3 book about the They Might Be Giants album Flood, and then I get a missive telling me that the band is releasing a new compilation album called Idlewild. The album will include a track entitled "Am I Awake" that the band would like more people to enjoy, so a video contest has been created that is open to all.

There will be 3 winners and $1000 cash prize for each winner. The deadline to enter is April 7th. All rules and judging info is HERE. "Am I Awake" is on Soundcloud, HERE.

 Anyhow, TMBG seem to have made a career out of doing whatever the heck they want. Nobody's crashed through as many genres as the two Johns. I have never been love with every one of their songs, but I have loved many of them. Here are a few from the topsy-turvy world of TMBG - remember, you live in it too.

 I Am Awake Free MP3


You're On Fire


Call You Mom


The Darlings of Lumberland


Nanobots


Lost My Mind


Drink!


Lost My Mind (Live)


Celebration


Istanbul (Not Constantinople)


Boss of Me


Courage the Cowardly Dog


Birdhouse in your Soul
)

Don't Let's Start
)

Ana Ng
)

The Mesopotamians
)

Purple Toupee
)

Careful What You Pack
)

We're the Replacements
)

Twisting


Can't Keep Johnny Down


(She Was a) Hotel Detective
)

Hot Dog!
) Robot Parade (Live)


Dirt Bike


Mr. Xcitement


Icky


Tubthumping


The Statue Got Me High (Live on Jonathan Ross)


Covers, anyone?

OK go - Letterbox


Don't Let's Start (8-Bit)


No comments: